Careers at Healthcare South
General Summary: An exempt position responsible for providing primary care to patients, including assessment, treatment, care planning, and medical care evaluation. Ability to work with an electronic medical record.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality. Obtains and documents health history, information on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and assesses disease condition. Provides patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and regulations.
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response. Delegates as allowed under the Nurse Practice Act. Refers to/consults with physicians, other health providers, and community resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns. Educates patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Documents patient assessment and intervention data using established medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
- Participates in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes. Tracks quality assurance data and monitors for acute and chronic care management.
- Working knowledge of EHR.
- Telephone triage as assigned.
- Other duties assigned.
Education: RN. Completion of nursing training from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year of professional nursing experience. Clinic experience preferred.
Other Requirements: Current state registered nurse license. Current CPR certificate. Familiarity with electronic medical records and ability to enter patient data.
If you are interested in this position please send your resume to Careers@Healthcaresouth.com